Saturday, January 19, 2008

Permit Shotgun, Some January Doe Management! (Pics)

Permit Shotgun, Some January Doe Management!


Well Doug and I have been working on one of the properties we hunt to cut down the doe population.
It's pretty overwhelming how many mature does are on there, and some pretty big ones too for South NJ!
We've managed to take 6 off there so far, and are still going...but the season is nearing an end.
Next year, now that we have a better grasp on the deer numbers there, we'll be starting much earlier with the bows!


Here's a few pics of some of our latest does...

Doug with a nice doe from back on 01/12/2008:



I got my first deer with my SBE2 this morning, 01/19/2008.
Remington 3.5" 00 buckshot through a .660 Rhino choke at 25 yards.



And this evening, I made my longest shot ever at this doe (freehand while sitting in my treestand).
I haven't gotten an exact range but it's somewhere between 150 and 170 yards.
That H&R sure is a tack driver!
Sorry about the pic, that W80 sucks in low light! Should have used my H1!

No comments: