Sunday, May 20, 2012

05/20/2012 - Kelly Drive & Manayunk in Philadelphia, PA


05/20/2012 - Kelly Drive & Manayunk in Philadelphia, PA

After a nice drive around Colliers Mills yesterday, I headed into Philly to meet up with Rose and spend the afternoon on the outskirts of the city with plans to grab a bite to eat somewhere along the way.  We took a nice stroll along the river, right around the Philadelphia Art Museum...an area I've never been to...despite working in the city for almost 9 years at one point.  We later finished with some dinner and dessert at Derek's...and even more dessert at Whirled Peace!

I have to admit, I actually left my camera in the truck initially...but Rose encouraged me to go back and get it...and I'm glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have had any of these pictures!
Here's a few pics from a fun and relaxing Sunday afternoon!

A random shot from where we started...I liked the light and shadow blend on the building...



Everything was $1.00, but even bananas are up to $1.25 now!



Brilliant colors...



Not the most appeasing of ponds...fortunately the bokeh masks the extraneous items in the background...but the geese in the area seem to love it!



Having second thoughts about jumping in that water?  Yeah I would too!



Nice bit of skyline looking towards part of center city...



The art museum...



Climbing up top and looking down, another view...



I candidly turned the camera on Rose while we took a break
She's a little shy and I'm quite a rookie at shooting people, so we decided to have a little fun! ;)
She's laughing so much between shots, her eyes are closed half the time!  Love this candid shot though!



Eye contact...so shy! :)



Comes out beautiful when you have it! ;)



And a favorite from the sequence of shots...



So we had some laughs and enjoyed the impromptu shoot...then had a visitor come on by!  This is Marley!





And another much smaller visitor...



On our way back, I snapped a quick pic between the stone rails...



And looking back, the art museum and center city in the background.  Shame the clouds rolled in...a stronger sky would have made that composition tremendous, instead I had to crop a bit of it out...




After the walk, we headed over the Manayunk for a bite to eat.
I wouldn't bring the camera due the looming clouds and potential rain...so the iPhone and Instagram would have to do!
Along the way...we passed this new place with a truly awesome name!
We insisted on returning here later for what turned out to be a third dessert! haha



But first, we had some dinner at Derek's...



Somehow I missed pics of the appetizer and main course, but didn't forget the desserts!
First up...a Chipwich dessert!  Funny, it kinda looks like there might be a blackberry missing!  Hmmmmmm....haha


Followed by a homemade funnel cake dessert!  Delicious!



We had to walk that meal off a bit...so we strolled around Manayunk for a bit before returning to Whirled Peace.  We came across this cool architectural church...so I snapped this quick and final pic from the day...



That's all for now...just some random and candid pics on a fun Sunday afternoon...something I should enjoy more often! ;)

Until next time...



No comments: