Sunday, August 19, 2012

08/19/2012 - Fluking on Barnegat Light Beach


08/19/2012 - Fluking on Barnegat Light Beach


Stan and I have been talking about going fishing since I started crossfit months ago!
Well we finally put together a last minute trip to the beach to do a little surf fishing and give Stan a chance to try out his new speargun!

Here's a few pics from the trip...


My first fluke of the day...



Word on the water is...girl LOVE the rainbow shorts!



Stan started with the rod and reel, which lasted all of 5 minutes...he wanted IN the water ASAP!
Curly Hair Just Don't Care!



After his first attempt at spearfishing...
Seriously, that Mocha Chocolate Almond Kashi bar was totally Paleo...I swear man!



Some scenery...









I was moving our stuff up to higher ground when this guy start cruising the edge...snapped a few pics on as much zoom as I could get out of my point and shoot!
Here's a crop...



And here's the sequence...











A little later...Stan trying to find his fish haha



Ohhhh yeah! FOUND IT!!!



Phew, someone was in all out panic mode diggin like a German Shepard! haha



Stan's first fish with the spear gun and his first tautog! Awesome!




Alright, that's all I have on the day.  We fished pretty hard for quite a few hours and had a good time...I'll definitely do that again.
I hardly ever fish from the beach anymore, usually always out on a boat somewhere...but this was a nice chance of pace and a relaxing way to spend the afternoon!
Next time I'm grabbing a mask and snorkel to join in on the spearfishing fun!


No comments: