Friday, July 13, 2012

07/13/2012 - Fluke Fishing on OOAL



07/13/2012 - Fluke Fishing on OOAL

Friday the 13th Fluking in effect!!!  Socks organized a trip aboard OOAL so I took a day off to live it up a little!
Now I know what you're all thinking!  Fishing on Friday the 13th with Socks (aka SchelpSocks) is probably a REALLY bad idea!
We might run into those "once in a 100 year" storms with 100 foot waves or have a great white leap in the boat...who knows with that guy on board...but I decided to roll the dice!
Besides...who really wants to work on a Friday in July anyway? :)

Not many pics this time around...but the day certainly started off...interesting!

So I arrive at the boat right before the slated departure time of 5:30AM...Eastern Standard Time.
I clarify the timezone because apparently there may have been some confusion around where it had to be 5:30AM at the time the boat would leave!
Here we have Sandy, Eric, and Chris...waiting...hmmmm who's missing?


I should add that I got the 5:00AM call while driving up from someone who said "Ummmm tell JR I'm gonna be a little late, I overslept!"
Oh boy!!! Wow, sooooooooooooo it's 5:58AM
BTW, that voicemail said "Hey man, can you go pick me up a 32 or 64 ounce black coffee?  I'm gonna need it!" haha
Ohhh you're gonna need more than that to take on the verbal beating you're going to get for being THIS late!



And here's a beautiful shot of the dock and walkway...with no Socks in sight...



So I opt to take some scenic photos...while we wait of course!



Ohhhhh looks who's pulling in!!!



Right on time!  In another timezone...haha



Well rested there Socks? :)



Ohhh the abuse starts IMMEDIATELY!



Alright, we're finally off!!!  Here's a nice shot of the sunset...I mean sunrise! haha



And a few more shots of some scenery heading out...







A nice little gift from Sandy, TEQUILA CUPCAKES!!!  Socks wasn't shy about eating 1 or 2 or even 8 of them throughout the day! hahaha



For a guy that's so well rested, I'm surprised he had to sit down...



Everyone bucktailing away!



It was a tough bite, but we had some nice ones come over the rail...even some nice knuckleheads...here's a pic of a knucklehead holding a knucklehead! :)



And Sandy showing the boys how it's done with a nice fluke from the day!



Our final catch, squeezed out a boat limit of fluke with some nice sea bass mixed in!



Sorry for the lack of pics today, I think between busting Sock's chops for being late and all of the tangles everyone was in again with him...not enough attention went to taking pics!  Tanglejawea!!!

Next time I'll be sure to take a few more! ;)


No comments: