Sunday, June 1, 2008

06/01/2008 - Fluke Fishing Raritan Bay (Pics)

Headed out with Charlie, Craig, and Rob today for some fluke. Were greeted by an early AM breeze at daybreak and knew the gassin winds weren't far behind. Definitely blew pretty hard today but we were able to scratch up a catch.

Just a few pics for today...long night, was uber tired and not into all out pic taking mode! ;)

Nice AM sunrise with some striper fishermen looking to net bunker...



Tom Daly swung on by and said hello!



Not much to say about this boat...other than a BIG THUMBS DOWN!
We set up a drift and the captain of this boat decided to ride in AFTER we were already drifting and get within about 20-30 feet DOWN CURRENT of us, basically cutting our drift off rather than setting up above, behind, or in front of us.
We questioned him (no foul language) and he said "I've been fishing here all week, you come out here one day a week".
Obviously a CLASS ACT!
Note to self, NEVER fish on this guy's boat...EVER.



Anyway, we found other grounds...here's our final catch, 13 keepers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, you might not remember me, this is Fiona, I was just a kid when you met me snowboarding at Shawnee mtn. I was going through some old poems and found one of yours... I wanted to look you up to say thank you for confirming what I was in denial of for so long. You truly did change my life, so thanks. Have fun fishing!

Matthew Mateyak said...

Holy shit...email me at mmateyak@hotmail.com

DV said...

Matt, great write-ups and fantastic pics as usual. Nice job on the site.

Doug