Monday, June 9, 2008

06/09/2008 - Fluke Fishing Out on a Limb, 5 Man Limit! (Pics)

06/09/2008 - Fluke Fishing Out on a Limb, 5 Man Limit! (Pics)


Wow, what a day on the water!
Just all around sick fishing virtually from the very start to the bitter end.
We had a great crew on board today: Mike, Matt, Doug, Craig and myself with JR at the helm!
Word on the street is JR occasionally finds the fish...like once every third blue moon but only when dead low tide is between 7:03AM and 7:33AM on Mondays with temperatures soaring over 104!
Turns out we got really lucky and landed on exactly one of those days!

We started the day off loading the boat...with enough gear to go offshore for a week!



Under the close supervision of the captain...hard at work!



Good morning sunshine!



Another fireball morning!



Doug's ready!



Scrub and JR, already tangled up!



Seagull get ya in the eye Craig? Or was it the bear in the bushes at the Parkway rest stop? Haha



Matt...now known as "The Ringer".



I didn't get any shots of Mike in the AM, so here's one after the trip...all smiles!



Oh yeah, it's gonna be a warm one!



Doug starting off strong with a quality 4oz pyramid sinker! Nice size dude!



I wish I had a ton more pictures to post, but after that pic and in the interest of beating on the fish...I put the camera down and bucktailed like a mofo to take advantage of the insane bite!
Once I hit my limit, I put the bucktail rod down for about an hour...TRYING to figure out how to fish smelt...but apparently I suck at it...bad!
Everyone is bailing keepers while I'm not doing anything...so I went back to the bucktailing rod for the last 30-45 minutes and landed another 2 keepers and several shorts.


Here's our final catch...just awesome!



The Ringer with the big fish of the day!



Two buckets-o-fillets!



Good thing we had ice...it was a little warm back at the dock!




Overall it was just an all around slammer day fluking with a 5 Man Limit and then some up to 6lbs with us landing back at the dock around 12:30-1:00PM.
This was my first time fluking with JR and what a way to start it off!
As always, great job by JR to get us on the meat!
Thanks for having us out dude, we'll see you again in a couple weeks!

No comments: