Monday, June 16, 2008

06/14/2008 - Freshwater Bass Fishing on Newton Lake (Pics)

06/14/2008 - Freshwater Bass Fishing on Newton Lake

My buddy Ed and I hit up Newton Lake for a little pre-fishing bass action before his tournament next weekend.

I got a little twisted in the AM and wound up at a different ramp...apparently I need to get a GPS unit!


In finally figure out how to get to Newton Lake thanks to Ed, and we get his Bass Tracker ready...



Hawg Hunter...



Ed's ready to rock!



We shoved off the ramp around 6:00AM but not without a few ramp obstructions!



Nice sunrise...



The lake isn't much, pretty thin and shallow...probably averaging round 4-5ft with couple areas dipping into the 10-12 foot range.
Water temps were high, real high...starting around 83F and rising to around 86F by midday...likely a result of the murky/stained and shallow water.
Ed proceded to land a bass on like his second cast...so we're immediately thinking this lake might be stacked with fish!



And a short while later, he's on with another one!





I finally shake the dust off, and land my first largemouth of the year...but Ed has that one pic (didn't take it on my camera).
Little while later, I land another one...



And another one...



And a little later, another one...



And here, a little nicer fish...



Ed with another one...



Then I got this giant!



And another little one...



But none touch this MONSTER I caught...GET THE GAFF!!! Haha



Then I was trying to take a picture of this "duck yard"



And caught this nice bass with the rod between my legs and camera in my hand! Ed say's I'm lucky! :)




That's all the pics I have on the day. We called it quits around 1:30 or so...finishing up with 14 bass on the day.
Not a bad showing for the first time fishing and the lake itself.
Black 5" Senkos were the ticket...although Ed had some fish on a white spinnerbait and a couple wacks on a Spro frog.
Real nice day on the water! ;)

Big thanks to Ed for taking me out!

No comments: